I had my weekly doctor’s appointment yesterday and found out that my doctor’s office does not like to let patients go past 41 weeks. Since my due date is February 4, if I don’t go into labor by February 11, they want to induce me by the 15th at the absolute latest.
So, I have 2 weeks to go into labor on my own. I was induced with Zoë, and it wasn’t a pleasant experience, so I’d love to avoid it if at all possible. I guess it’s time to get walking every day again (although I did that every day for 4 weeks with Zoë to no avail). I walked 3-4 miles yesterday and I’m going to try to walk again this evening.
By the way, I don’t even know how far dilated I am. The doctor that I’m seeing now doesn’t check, and I guess I can understand why. I was dilated to 4 cm at 37 weeks with Zoë and just wouldn’t budge past that. So, I guess it’s better not to be celebrating that I’m dilated when I know it wasn’t a good gauge of going into labor for me in the past.
So now, it’s just a waiting game. Hopefully Kaylee doesn’t decide to wait out the two-week window that was given to me today.